' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Layout

Monday 14 September 2015

Layout

Before getting on with the post, I wanted to welcome my latest new followers, I am humbled by their interest and not a bit proud!

For the Rubber Dance September challenge we can use any of the previous 12 colour schemes. A no brainer for me, it had to be the June colours since I had made a layout for that month and needed to make the facing page at some point... 


The base is a 12x12 Chatsworth paper (Paper Artsy).
I used 3 of the Mixed Media Thinlit (Tim Holtz/Sizzix) to make the diamonds, hexagons and "pebbles" stencils which I used with paste mixed with blue paint. I then coloured those stencilled areas with acrylic paint to darken the corners.

I used the Diamond Background and Netting texture stamps both from Rubber Dance, with vanilla paint (diamonds) and dark chalk ink (netting).

To tie in with the other page I die-cut the title from the same paper as the previous page.
Hope you like my page,

Also entering the Craft Barn challenge.

11 comments:

  1. Stunning page Christine and the location setting looks fab. You have framed the pictures with matching colours so that everything pops off the page, just beautiful.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great spread, I wish I was at the beach again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layout and a dreamy location! Oh, I miss summer already! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout! Thank you for joining the Rubber Dance September Challenge. Hugs, Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous LO Ms Crafty :) Love how you have used the stencils and stamping to create the texture.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab page composition, and really makes me yearn for summer sun and sea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Je ne suis jamais allée sur l'ile d'Oleron pour ma part.. Quelle chance tu as d'y être allée, ça doit être un bel endroit (il a toujours la côte en tout cas !).
    Ta page est très jolie Christine, un beau souvenir en famille. Tu as raison d'en faire encore de temps en temps... Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely layout. What a fabulous blue sky and the beach looks very inviting on a grey start to the day here in Bedfordshire.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous layout! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, super cool layout! Thank you for using some of my stamps! Sorry for commenting so late, I've been sick. Thank you for joining our September challenge. Always nice to see you there! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful layout! Thanks so much for joining our 1 year anniversary challenge! ♥

    ReplyDelete